PERSONAL EXCESS LIABILITY
An extra layer of protection to safeguard you and your family.
Protect your success with complete insurance solutions.
Successful people have more at risk.
Factors such as owning multiple homes and vehicles, and employing a domestic staff increase your risk.
Personal Excess Liability insurance adds an additional layer of protection and is an important component of any risk management program.
Planning for the Unexpected
Accidents happen. A guest at your backyard pool party slips and is injured, you’re found at- fault in a car accident and the medical bills are in the tens of thousands, or you are named in a lawsuit and the legal defense costs are exorbitant. If the cost of an accident or lawsuit exceeds the limits of your home, auto and watercraft insurance, without personal excess liability insurance (personal umbrella), your financial security could be jeopardized.
Adding a personal excess liability insurance policy to your existing insurance program helps protect your assets and lifestyle and is more cost efficient than you may think. Try this easy online pricing tool from our partners at Pure.
Excess Liability Pricing Tool
Excess Liability Pricing Tool
Key Features of Excess Liability Insurance can Include:
- High Limits- $1 Million to $50 Million
- Excess Liability Protection- Coverage against claims for Personal Injury such as libel, slander, defamation, emotional distress; Bodily Injury and Property Damage. Picks up where your primary Homeowners, Auto, Watercraft, Recreational Vehicle policy ends, reducing gaps in coverage.
- Excess Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Protection – Provides benefits to you and your covered passengers if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who is either underinsured or uninsured.
- Worldwide Coverage
- Defense Costs- Provides for defense costs for a lawsuit, even if the lawsuit is groundless or fraudulent. Your coverage can provide you with legal counsel and cover all expenses related to the lawsuit.
Additional Features of Excess Liability Insurance:
- Not for Profit Directors & Officers Liability – Serving on the Board of a non-profit, means you may be held liable for the actions of the entities you serve, including being accused of wrongful termination or breach of fiduciary duties. This coverage protects you in your role as an officer for a qualifying not-for-profit organization.
- Domestic Employment Practices Liability Coverage-
Protection against wrongful employment allegations from domestic staff such as childcare providers, drivers, housekeepers and care takers.
Let Our Team Protect What You’ve Built
The amount of excess liability protection you should carry, depends upon your personal financial situation and our premium insurers Chubb, PURE, Cincinnati and Hanover Prestige offer some of the best coverage available.
McSweeney & Ricci’s Private Client Group will review your assets including your home, vacation home or other properties, automobiles, your boat or ocean-going yacht, valuable collections, investment accounts, and college funds. We will also consider your personal risk factors such as domestic employees, number of properties, and miles driven in a year. Our agents have helped individuals in South Shore Towns like Duxbury, Marshfield and Cohasset, throughout Massachusetts and all over the United States, find peace of mind with custom excess liability insurance.