People who have reached a higher level of success are more likely to find themselves involved in litigation. One lawsuit could prove to be more costly than originally anticipated and leave your financial security in jeopardy, without excess liability coverage for legal damages. Excess Liability insurance protects you when the limits of your other insurance policies have been exhausted. Your coverage portfolio is not complete without adding Excess Liability.
Key Features of Excess Liability Insurance can include:
- Limits from $1 Million to $50 Million.
- Personal Injury - When a lawsuit is brought against you for accusations of libel, slander, or negligent infliction of bodily injury, this important coverage responds.
- Property Damage and Bodily Injury - This coverage applies if someone is injured on your property and you are deemed liable.
- Excess Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Protection - This coverage provides benefits to you and your covered passengers if you are involved in an accident with a driver who is either underinsured or uninsured.
- Defense Costs - This coverage provides benefits to defend against a groundless or fraudulent lawsuit.
- Not for Profit Directors & Officers Liability - Serving on the Board of a non-profit, means you may be held liable for the actions of the entities you serve, including being accused of wrongful termination or breach of fiduciary duties. This coverage protects you in your role as an officer for a qualifying not-for-profit organization.
The amount of excess liability protection you should carry, depends upon your personal financial situation and our premium insurers Chubb, PURE, Cincinnati and Hanover Prestige offer some of the best coverage available. McSweeney & Ricci’s Private Client Group will review your assets including your home, vacation home or other properties, automobiles, your boat or ocean-going yacht, valuable collections, investment accounts, and college funds. We will also consider your personal risk factors, such as domestic employees, number of properties, and miles driven in a year.
Ever wondered how much a personal excess liability policy would cost? Excess liability is highly recommended to protect you and your family and is more cost efficient than you may think. Try this easy online pricing tool from our partners at PURE.